166. in brooklyn house’s library, there’s one in-wall bookcase that doesn’t hold books. instead, it holds framed photos of the members of the 21st nome at various school events, soccer games and even just candid snapshots of the kids having fun in everyday life. as new initiates arrive, their pictures are added to the collection, but no photographs are ever removed from the crowded shelves (which everyone now affectionately calls “the shrine”).
Do you have Alexandria's Genesis? If so, can you post a picture?
Nope—nobody does. Alexandria’s Genesis doesn’t exist. A fictional phenomenon for fictional characters!
Can you explain 160?
Goode is the high school Percy attends—presumably, it’s popular among demigods and other mythological creatures from the Greek pantheon, since we also meet some monsters there. On top of that, it’s probably in Manhattan, which is the Greeks’ territory. The Greeks and Egyptians aren’t supposed to mix, according to Amos. So Bast would want the trainees from Brooklyn to stay clear.
165. carter and zia named their daughter hasina kane, after zia’s mother.
164. jaz’s favorite book, musical, and movie is les misérables.
163. she doesn’t know her name (annie-something?) but one of sadie’s favorite people at bag is a smart blonde girl who seems to be able to keep drew in line. it broke her heart a little when the girl returned from winter break with a dead look in her eyes.
162. carter secretly loves pokémon.
161. felix is actually a son of boreas.
160. when bast was helping carter and sadie find a school everyone could go to, they passed goode. when sadie and carter said that goode was a good choice, bast told them that goode was not an option, whatsoever.
159. carter and sadie never read one of their father’s books, but if they had, they would have seen their names in the acknowledgements “for being the lights of my life.”